The Seacoast region of New Hampshire is home to a vibrant arts and culture scene, with numerous galleries, exhibits, and performances taking place throughout the year. Here’s a roundup of the latest arts and culture news from the area:
- The Seacoast Repertory Theatre in Portsmouth is gearing up for a season of exciting performances, including the popular musical “Mamma Mia!” and a new play titled “The Luckiest People.” The theatre is also hosting a series of special events and workshops, including a stand-up comedy show and a playwriting workshop.
- The 3S Artspace in Portsmouth is currently showcasing an exhibit titled “The Space Between,” featuring the work of local artists exploring the theme of negative space. The exhibit will run through May 7, 2023.
- The Rochester Museum of Fine Arts is hosting an exhibit titled “Nature, Nurture, and Beyond,” featuring the work of artists from across the region. The exhibit explores the relationships between humans and nature, and will be on display through May 28, 2023.
- The Sharon Arts Center in Peterborough is hosting a juried exhibition titled “Fired Up: Contemporary Works in Clay,” featuring the work of over 30 artists from around the country. The exhibit runs through May 13, 2023.
- The New Hampshire Art Association’s Robert Lincoln Levy Gallery in Portsmouth is hosting an exhibit titled “New Beginnings,” featuring the work of new and returning members of the association. The exhibit runs through May 28, 2023.
- The Portsmouth Music and Arts Center is hosting a series of concerts and performances throughout the spring, including a jazz concert, a choral performance, and a student recital.
Overall, the Seacoast region is teeming with arts and culture events and exhibitions, showcasing the talent and creativity of local artists and performers. From theater productions to art exhibits, there’s something for everyone to enjoy and appreciate in the Seacoast’s vibrant arts and culture scene.