AKADEMIYA2063 is an Africa-based non-profit research organization with headquarters in Kigali, Rwanda and a regional office in Dakar, Senegal. Inspired by the ambitions of Agenda 2063 and based on the recognition of the central importance of strong knowledge and evidence systems, AKADEMIYA2063’s vision is an Africa with the expertise we need for the Africa we want. This experience should respond to the continent’s data and analysis needs to ensure high-quality policy design and implementation. Evidence-based and inclusive policymaking is key to meeting the continent’s development aspirations, creating wealth and improving livelihoods. The overall mission of AKADEMIYA2063 is to create, across Africa and led from its headquarters in Rwanda, cutting-edge technical capabilities to support the efforts of African Union Member States to achieve the key goals of the African Union Agenda 2063 of transforming national economies to fuel growth and prosperity. In accordance with its vision and mission, the main objective of AKADEMIYA2063 is to help meet the needs of Africa at the continental, regional and national levels in terms of data, analysis and mutual learning for the effective implementation of Agenda 2063 and the realization of its objectives. results through a critical mass of countries. AKADEMIYA2063 strives to meet its goals through programs organized into five strategic areas: Policy Innovation, Knowledge Systems, Capacity Building and Deployment, Operational Support and Data Management, Digital Products and Technology, as well as Partnerships and Outreach Activities. . For more information visit www.akademiya2063.org.
Vacancy number: RW23002
Position Title: Project Manager
Department: External Relations
Location: Kigali-Rwanda or Dakar-Senegal
Duration: One (1) year renewable
AKADEMIYA2063 is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a Project Manager in its External Relations Department. Under the supervision of the Director of External Relations, the candidate will support the development of research proposals and the coordination and management of multiple research projects at AKADEMIYA2063. This is a one-year renewable appointment based at AKADEMIYA2063 headquarters in Kigali, Rwanda or our regional office in Dakar, Senegal. Final position title will be based on experience. Interested applicants must have the proper authorization to work at either location.
Duties and responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate the preparation of proposals that meet donor requirements.
- Collaborate in the writing of research proposals.
- Prepare and monitor project work plans, project monitoring and learning plans, project calendars, and schedules.
- Communicate donor and project requirements to scientists and collaborators.
- Supervise project execution and compliance with donor requirements.
- Coordinate timely project progress reports between scientists and collaborators.
- Assist in writing project progress reports and ensure timely reporting to donors.
- Coordinate arrangements and logistics for project meetings.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of key project documents and project websites.
- Assist in planning and organizing workshops and project training.
- Assist in the preparation of project results stories, brochures, reports and presentations.
- Respond to requests for information on research projects.
- Maintain project minutes and related materials; and
- Carry out other functions as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Applied Economics, Economics, International Development, Business Administration or a closely related field.
- Demonstrated experience in developing research proposals.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating or managing multiple research projects involving multiple partners.
- Familiarity with the problems of agricultural and rural development in Africa.
- Knowledge of the donor proposal and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of project management methods and techniques.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Team spirit and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and complete deliverables on time.
- Ability to communicate with diverse audiences; and
- Professional level of attention to detail and precision of work.
- French proficiency
- Project Management Professional Certification
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed application by email, CV and cover letter, in English, by August 16, 2023, to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.