The Houston Astros (52-42) will look to Chas McCormick, who is riding a two-game home run streak, when they face the Colorado Rockies (36-58) and CJ Cron, who has also homered in two straight games. It starts at 8:40 pm ET Tuesday at Coors Field.
The Rockies are underdogs (+141 money line odds) when hosting the Astros (-169). The game total is set to 12.
The betting trends shown below reflect odds as of July 18, 2023 at 7:17pm ET. Ready to bet? Click Here For The Best DraftKings Sportsbook Deposit Bonus!
Astros vs Rockies Betting Lines
|Favorite||favorite money line||underdog money line||Total|
Astros Betting Information
- This season, the Astros have won 34 of the 63 games, or 54%, in which they have been favored.
- Houston has entered 26 games this season favored by -169 or more and is 18-8 in those contests.
- Bettors have implied with the money line set for this matchup that the Astros have a 62.8% chance of winning.
- Houston and their opponents have hit the over in 47 of their 94 games combined this season.
- In 94 margin games this season, the Astros are 47-47-0 ATS.
Trend of the last 10 games of the Astros
|runs per game||5.6|
Rockies Betting Outlook
- The Rockies have been underdogs in 83 games this season and have been victorious 33 times (39.8%) in those contests.
- Colorado has a win-loss record of 17-40 when favored by +141 or worse by bettors this year.
- Bookmakers have implied with the money line set for this matchup that the Rockies have a 41.5% chance of a win.
- Colorado games have gone over the total in 40 of their 94 opportunities.
- The Rockies have posted a 43-51-0 record against the spread this season.
Rockies last 10 game trend
|runs per game||4.2|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Astros or Rockies, look no further. DraftKings Sports Bettingwhere you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Astros Probable Pitcher – Hunter Brown
- Brown and his team have a 6-11-0 record against the spread when it starts.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Saturday, July 8, when he pitched three innings, giving up five earned runs and eight hits in a matchup with the Seattle Mariners.
- In 17 starts, Brown has pitched to or beyond the fifth inning 10 times. He has a season average of 5.5 frames per outing.
- He has four shutout appearances in 17 chances this season.
- Brown’s team has been victorious in 50% of the games they have started as the money line favorite with a 6-6 record.
- Brown’s team is 9-8 in his starts this season.
- In games Brown has started this season, teams are 8-9-0 in hitting.
Astros relief pitchers
Rockies likely pitcher – Jake Bird
- Bird (2-1) gets the starting nod for the Rockies in his fourth start of the season. He has a 3.70 ERA in 56 2/3 innings pitched, with 52 strikeouts.
- In his last time out, out of the bullpen on Sunday, the right-hander pitched two-thirds of an inning against the New York Yankees, allowing two earned runs and allowing three hits.
- In 30 of his appearances this season he did not allow an earned run.
- The Rockies are 1-2 in Bird’s three starts this season in which they were underdogs on the money line.
- Bird’s team is 1-2 in his three starts.
- Bird has started three games total this season. His team has sunk in each of them.
Rocky Mountain Pitchers Relay
|brad hand||3. 4||30.2||36||4.99||2||0|
Astros Hitting Trends
- The Astros are 21-8 in games this season when they hit at least two home runs.
- Houston has had at least five extra-base hits in 20 games this season, going 15-5 in those games.
- The team has collected eight or more hits in 64 games this season and is 51-13 in those games.
- Houston is 47-8 in games this season when driving in at least five runs.
- The Astros have gone 21-6 in 27 games this season when they’ve drawn five or more walks.
Rockies Banging Trends
- They are 13-8 this season when they hit two or more home runs in a game.
- Colorado has gone 11-11 this season while collecting five or more extra-base hits as a team.
- They have a 29-32 record this season while collecting eight or more base hits in a game.
- Colorado is 29-9 this season when scoring five or more runs in a game.
- In 12 games this season with five or more walks, they posted an 8-4 record.
Astros vs Rockies Prediction
Selection of the money line: Astros (-169)
Selection above/below: under 12 years old)
Predictions are calculated using a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and likely starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftReyesno promo code required!
Probabilities subject to change. Not all offers are available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. You must be over the age of 21 to gamble, please gamble responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, please contact 1-800-PLAYER.